Thursday, May 5, 2011

Photo Candle for Mother's Day

I've been away, and have just realized that Sunday is Mother's Day!  Luckily I found this super easy project on the web last night via bhg - personalized photo candles - and whipped it out in no time...the perfect solution for a Last Minute Mother's Day gift.

You don't need much for this project and I had everything on hand, so it didn't cost anything.  Gotta love heartfelt gifts that are thrifty, too.  :)



  All you need is:
Candle (I had a vanilla one, which smells heavenly)
White Tissue Paper
Printer
Glue/Hot Gun

Directions:
1. Find a photo you want to use.  I converted mine to sepia tone, and dragged it onto a Word Document to print.
2. Tape a single layer of tissue paper onto a piece of printer paper.  See below.  Make sure the tissue paper stretches tightly across the paper so you don't run into printing issues.  I just taped a large piece onto the paper, and then made sure that the photo was lined up on the page on my computer so that it printed onto the patch of tissue paper.
3. Print
4. Cut out carefully
5. Because I wanted to play around with the positioning of the photo on the candle, I used a glue stick to glue the photo onto the candle.  BHG recommends using a heat gun.  I will probably do this later as I am now happy with my placement of the photo.  I am going to use a hairdryer.  The heat is supposed to melt the wax enough to adhere the photo to the candle.  Pretty Cool.



And here is the end result:  


Below, I added some raffia





 linking here

x0x
Mel

4 comments:

  1. GREAT IDEA and looks easy enough too!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel-

    I just found your blog from a link party! I love this cute idea! I love giving picture-related gifts!

    I am a new follower and looking forward to more posts!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Augmented Reality an innovative technology of the futuristic era!!!
    With Augmented Reality we are witnessing a new form of technology that will change our perception. Even though AR is at its teen it has a lot to offer and UniteAR assures to bring the best out of best for you. It adds Virtual content to our real world surroundings to make it more appealing and UniteAR the most socialized AR platform will help you to create your AR with a blink of an eye.
    UniteAR
    https://www.unitear.com/
    UniteAR
    UniteAR
    UniteAR


    ReplyDelete
  4. XRmeet is an Remote Assistance
    solution that enables businesses and enterprises alike to provide remote assistance to the workforce by allowing their experts to see what their workers see and solve problems in real-time around the globe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...