Thursday, March 24, 2011

Felt Flower Headband Tutorial

After having a house full of boys,  I am having so much fun having a little daughter to share my girlygirl-ness with.  My little baby girl has been unwittingly immersed into a world of pink, pink, pink.  I am constantly dressing her in pink girly outfits and there is absolutely no mistaking that this baby is a girl...

And if all this pink isn't enough to clearly identify my child as female, then these pink headbands ought to do the trick!

For the dark pink headband, I followed this tutorial here but as I was hotglueing it all together, mine got a bit out of hand and I ended up with this instead. I do still want to go back at some point and try to get the same effect as icandy's very cute one.


The light pink headband was very simple and only required a hot gluegun, needle and thread, and some felt. I had a pearl bead in my craft drawer which I sewed on at the end.



1. Cut out your small petals (9) and large petals (9) - my diagram has a different amount for both, but I ended up using 9 each!
2. Pinch the ends, and then hot glue together as shown.
3. Cut out a small circle of felt (not shown) to use as a base to hot glue the large petals together in a circle. Hot glue the smaller petals together (not on a circular base, though).
4. Hot glue the smaller petals (now one piece) onto the larger petals (which are also now one piece).

Lastly, either hot glue or sew the flower onto an alligator clip or a headband.
The whole project took me less than 10 minutes!



She didn't mind having her photo taken with the first headband, but was totally over it when I tried to put the second one on!!!
The color of the second flower is a bright pink, but it looks red in this picture for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, these are so cute. If my daughter wasn't in the habit of ripping any barrettes, hats, hairbands, etc. out of her hair I would seriously be making these in each color.

    (BTW, thanks for the comment and visit to my blog!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...