Monday, January 11, 2010

Tiny Things

Right now I have a huge To Do List that I am avoiding.  One of the items on the list is the task of making a December Daily Christmas Album.  Last year I was inspired by Ali Edwards and her annual December Daily Project and really wanted to make an album of my own, since we do so much fun Christmas related stuff in December, but I never did get around to doing it.  So this past December, I resolved that I would do it for sure this year, but now it is almost mid January and it is still just an item on my To Do List. 

I know the point of it is to try and complete a page a day in December, but I knew that I would never accomplish this before Christmas, so I gave myself some leeway and felt for sure that I would begin the project right after the mayhem of Christmas had subsided.  Uh-huh.  I imagine it is one of those projects that you just have to start, and then the creativity will flow from there...and I imagine that having some kind of album would probably be a very good starting point.  I'm sure if I just read the "instructions" on her blog, all this would be layed out very clearly...  but when I popped over there a short while ago to find out about the Album details, I got sidetracked by a great post about what she does with all the photo Christmas cards she receives from family and friends.  She cuts them into squares (using a square punch) and makes a scrapbook page out of them all.  Very clever, although I don't know if I could be as fearless as she is, when faced with having to choose which part of the card makes it into the perameters of the square punch.  I might try it, but I will only allow myself to do so after I have completed my Christmas Album.  The Album which is now causing me guilt and anxiety and dread, and is forcing me to look around the web for Valentine's Day ideas, in an effort to rid  my mind of anything at all Christmas related...

And so I was delighted when I came across The World's Smallest Postal Service from Leafcutter Designs. How tiny and adorable are these little letters?  They would make for some very cute Valentine's Day notes...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...