Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

Goodbye 2009. It was a good one – filled with growing children, a good life in a beautiful spot in the world, a loving family, wonderful friends, fun times, laughter, and dreams that will have to wait another year to be fulfilled…

On New Year's Eve in an alternate reality, the kids would be home with a sitter and Big P and I would be partying up a storm at some glam party - and I would look like this...


But in reality, I will probably be wearing jeans and will ring in the New Year at home with the family on NYC time – we have decided to skip the parties and hang with the kids. We are starting a new tradition by surprising them with a very early dinner at a local pizza restaurant (Big Treat since I think McDonald’s was the only place they got to eat at this year!) Then we shall head home and they have some friends coming over for a sleepover.  I have some New Year's Eve arts and crafty things lined up and the night will probably include some sort of Wii marathon. We will try to watch the ball drop in NYC on the computer (if that’s possible) since we don’t have TV. I bought some non-alcoholic sparkling apple juice for the kids so they can say a toast to the New Year with us.

Hopefully BigP and I will get some alone time after they’re all asleep and play a little bowling ourselves– and hopefully I will retain my title as the 2009 Bowling Champ of the family.

May 2009 be filled with love and peace – in our hearts and in the world…

And in the words of ‘someone’ via BHG:

“May all your troubles during the year be as short as your New Year's Resolutions."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...