Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gingerbread

Unfortunately, Thanksgiving snuck up on me and I didn’t get to finish the Thanksgiving Quote series. I will try to plan ahead for next year (famous last words!)

We ended the month of November by making a Gingerbread Village and baking some Gingerbread Men. The kids loved decorating the little houses while eating the gingerbread men. Every year, it is my intention to make the Gingerbread houses from scratch, but always end up buying the pre-made stuff in a box and vowing to myself that “next year” will be the year for completely home-made. But, to be quite honest, the kids don’t really care either way. They just find joy in the fact that we are doing something together and that they can make as much mess as they like! And they were immensely proud of their creations and after I returned to the dining room a little while later, I discovered that our Gingerbread Village was under the armed protection of some of the Star Wars crew...boys!



I came across these little cottages from Martha Stewart, made from Graham Crackers – I am putting this on my list for next year…


And this totally cracked me up – imagine actually building a sugar cube house. If only I had that much time on my hands…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...